This focused and interactive workshop will provide participants with effective and practical tools in collaborative conflict resolution, as well as foundational skills and best practices for effective day-to-day workplace negotiations. Through examination of the sources of conflict attitudes and beliefs, conflict styles, and the role of assumptions and emotions, participants will gain an overview of conflict dynamics and collaboration strategies. Exploration of key topics related to negotiation will provide increased knowledge and confidence. Participants will practice applying negotiation and conflict resolution skills through structured exercises and simulated break-out sessions.
In this workshop, you will:
- Explore the relationship management aspects of union-management relations
- Learn the basics of workplace negotiation, from the phases of negotiation to effective listening skills
- Discuss and practice the components of a collaborative conflict resolution model and a proactive labour relations approach
- Develop pro-active behaviours to create positive union-management relationships
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing motivational styles and approaches
- Defining objectives and priorities in a negotiation
- Designing effective negotiation strategies
- Personal effectiveness in conflict resolution
- Managing conflict in different situations
This CapU Exec Ed workshop has been accredited by CPHR BC & YK (Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia & Yukon) and qualifies for 14 CPD Hours.
If you are a CPHR BC & YK member (formerly HRMA), you are eligible for a discount (up to 15%). Please call 604.984.4901 to register and avail of the discount.