The media has never been more diverse or complex. Companies can rise to the top or sink to the bottom in the blink of a tweet. This workshop outlines the basics of an effective strategic communications plan that will work with traditional, as well as social, media. We’ll identify the keys to strong corporate communications and what you need to do corporately or personally to put yourself in a leadership role. You’ll also learn the art of being interviewed and receive hands-on practice in tested techniques that allow you to deal with the toughest possible questions. This course is relevant to anyone dealing with an organization’s communications strategy and media relations. Skills and lessons learned can be applied to external as well as internal audiences.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn how to be prepared for proactive and reactive interview opportunities
- Explore the art of being interviewed through hands-on practice
- Learn the elements of an effective strategic communications plan
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Seven news values that influence media questions
- Setting an interview objective and creating an interview blueprint
- Bridging techniques and dealing with difficult questions
This CapU Exec Ed workshop has been accredited by CPHR BC & YK (Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia & Yukon) and qualifies for 8 CPD Hours.
If you are a CPHR BC & YK member (formerly HRMA), you are eligible for a discount (up to 15%). Please call 604.984.4901 to register and avail of the discount.