The primary role of HR today is to build organizational capability to support the execution of business strategy. This full-day interactive workshop, targeted at existing HR professionals, will address some of the main components of moving from being an administrative HR department, to being a strategic HR Business Partner. The workshop will equip the HR professional with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to take a more strategic role as HR Business Partner, become a valuable internal business consultant and align HR practices to business unit and overall organizational strategy. Participants will get a chance to explore ways for HR to play a larger role in areas such as strategy setting, business process design, competency model development and internal alignment, ensuring that the human capital supports organizational needs.
In this workshop, you will:
• Learn how to conduct a gap analysis to see where your HR function is currently
• Explore the basics of internal consulting and leadership to build internal credibility
• Understand how financial metrics are used to drive HR and business decisions
• Gain new insights into ways of aligning HR practices to business unit and overall organizational strategy
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Building HR leadership and credibility
• Internal consulting practices
• Understanding financial metrics
• aligning HR practices to business unit and overall organizational strategy
For instructor bios, please visit our Exec Ed Instructors page.
Note: If you are an HRMA member, you are eligible for a discount (up to 15%). Please call 604.984.4901 to register and avail of the discount.