Human Resources is stepping into the spotlight with HR analytics. In years past, one of HR’s primary goals was to collect and keep track of employees’ personal and professional information, such as payroll, health benefits and performance reviews. In order to play a more active role in the organization, HR needs to understand how to analyze data and present findings to senior management.
In this course, participants will learn more about how analytical thinking and methodology can make HR play a more active and involved role in the organizations’ planning and objectives. Such an approach allows HR to interpret data, recognize trends or issues, and take proactive steps with different departments to keep the organization running smoothly and profitably. HR analytics differs from HR metrics by allowing HR managers to design their own analytics to achieve various outcomes such as gauging employee engagement and finding out whether or not workers have the skills to reach company goals.
The course is targeted at middle and senior HR managers, who need to deliver relevant info to other senior managers in the organization. Participants must have a keen interest in enhancing their HR messaging and in understanding the process and value of analytics in HR.
In this course, you will:
• Understand the importance of analytics to support decision-making
• Learn about the process of conducting data collection, analysis and presenting findings in a way that is useful information to senior management
• Gain insights into where HR analytics can be useful for better decision-making
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Formulating the goal for the information to be obtained
• Collecting the right data from within the organization
• Applying various methodologies for analysis (Note: this course does not teach statistical or other technical methodologies for analysis.)
• Drawing conclusions from various types of analysis
• Communicating results to senior management
For instructor bios, please visit our Exec Ed Instructors page.
Note: If you are an HRMA member, you are eligible for a discount (up to 15%). Please call 604.984.4901 to register and avail of the discount.