This course will provide participants with the health and safety fundamentals they need to take the lead and interface effectively with the health and safety management systems in their respective organizations. The course is relevant to anyone, who interfaces with health and safety in the workplace. It includes latest theories and practices from leading organizations around the world, and will provide participants with a thorough understanding of health and safety fundamentals. Models for effective safety leadership will be explored with an emphasis on Human Systems Integration.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn to describe relevant occupational health and safety legislation, insurance and management systems
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of health and safety paradigms inside and outside your organization
- Explain the factors affecting health and safety in the modern workplace, both positively and negatively
- Be introduced to tools and techniques for immediate use in your organization
- Explore how to lead and empower individuals in your organization to affect health and safety climate positively
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Workers’ Compensation and safety at work
- Corporate Safety Management Systems
- Safety leadership and deconstruction “safety”
This CapU Exec Ed workshop has been accredited by CPHR BC & YK (Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia & Yukon) and qualifies for 14 CPD Hours.
If you are a CPHR BC & YK member (formerly HRMA), you are eligible for a discount (up to 15%). Please call 604.984.4901 to register and avail of the discount.