Would you like a complimentary review of your organization’s Digital Communications Strategy?
Capilano University, Executive Education is hosting a Summer Institute on Digital Communications Strategies for a group of MBA students from Vienna during the last two weeks of August 2016. We are looking for medium sized, Metro Vancouver based organizations that are looking to either implement a new online communications strategy or receive input on their current strategy, and are interested in welcoming a team of 4-5 students to work on an applied project for their organization.
The Digital Communications Strategies Summer Session is a master’s level course that teaches specific strategies and tactics used in digital and online communications. Students are all 2nd year MBA students from the recognized university, FHWien der WKW in Vienna, who will have completed one year of master’s level studies on general topics in leadership, sales, marketing and communication.
Topics for the summer session include:
- Strategic Digital Communications: Fundamentals & Theory
- Digital & Social Media Marketing Tools, Tactics & Implementation
- Creating for the Online World
- Online/Offline Integration
- Online Measurement & Goal Setting
Throughout the program, students will work in groups of four to five (4-5) on an applied project, analyzing the current market situation and overall communications strategy for an organization, while integrating and applying what they learn in the class room into an executive summary with recommendations for the organization, either on implementing a new strategy or making the most of their existing digital communications strategy. Student groups will be coached by an experienced digital media instructor from Capilano University Executive Education. At the end of the program, students present their strategies and recommendations in a 30 min presentation, which will be evaluated by course instructors and attended by company representatives.
Commitment/ Requirements to participate:
- Metro Vancouver based organization
- If selected, by August 2, 2016, submit a one page overview of the organization’s current situation, marketing and communications strategy and a brief SWOT overview (Strengths,Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats)
- Host two groups of 3-4 students, who will be working on the project for your company, for an introduction to the organization on Wednesday August 24 in the afternoon
- Attend the final project presentations by the two student groups on Friday September 2, 2016 in the morning
- As applicable, make available other relevant information about the organization and its current marketing and communications situation (Goals, Market analysis, Business Plans, Data/analytics as it pertains to communications/digital communications) Please note that a confidentiality agreement can be signed with students if needed
Benefits to Participating Organizations:
- Input and recommendations – at no charge – on your organization’s Digital Communications Strategy from top-class MBA students equipped with the newest ideas and theories in the area
- A one-page executive summary with key findings as well as the two groups’ presentation materials
- An opportunity to hear questions and feedback on student presentations from leading instructors in the area of digital communications
- Connections and insights from to future leaders of organizations in Europe
- An invitation to attend the Program Graduation ceremony on September 2, 2016 in the afternoon and network with students, instructors and other local businesses
As applicable, and upon your request, Capilano University Executive Education can make sure students and instructors sign confidentiality agreements with your organization.
If interested, please contact Bettina Boyle, by June 23, 2016:
Program Manager, Executive Education
Direct Tel: 604-983-7551