Join us in beautiful Vancouver, Canada for this 3-week program designed to help international students improve their English language skills, as well as experience Canadian culture, through various socio-cultural activities.
This program teaches students practical English and Leadership skills. The unique program combines ESL courses along with leadership skills learned through a team project as well as a blend of optional socio-cultural and recreational activities.
We believe the best ways to maximize students’ English language skills are through practical project work, lifelong intercultural friendships and applied leadership and problem-solving on global and local issues.
Through workshops and team projects, students will learn skills such as critical thinking, intercultural communication and project management, while gaining confidence to succeed, create change and take leadership as global citizens on the issues they care about.
Sign up HERE for our Information Webinar on April 12, 2017 to learn more about the program. Agents, institutions, students and parents are all welcome!
- Location: Vancouver & North Vancouver, BC
- Class Size: 15 – 25 students per class
- ESL Instructional Hours: Every morning, 15 hours per week
- ESL Level: Students grouped by ability (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Socio-Cultural Activities: 3 activities per week with local student mentors
- Leadership & Team Skills: 2 weekly sessions
- Upon Program Completion: Students will receive a certificate of completion from Capilano University Continuing Studies
High School Students (Ages 14-18): July 4 – 21, 2017
+ Optional add-on of 1 or more weeks of summer camps, such as Game Design & Coding, Graphic Design Skills, Stop Motion Animation Film-Making, & more.
University Students (Ages 19+): July 10 – 28, 2017
Note: If you’re looking to send a large group of students, but are interested in different dates, please email email@example.com
For 3 weeks: $2,100 Canadian Dollars (including tax).
Note: Program fee does not include transportation, optional summer camp add-ons and accommodation. Homestay inquiries can be directed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org (Quality Homestay is a privately owned homestay provider, and is only listed here as an information resource for our participants.)
Sample Program Schedule
About Capilano University
Capilano University’s main campus in North Vancouver, BC, Canada is located in a natural environment on the slopes of the North Shore and is surrounded by lush forests, towering mountains and stunning plant life. And we’re only a 20-minute drive away from downtown Vancouver’s amazing beaches, parks, shopping, restaurants, arts, culture & more.
The University was founded in 1968 and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). The quality of education and the beauty of our campus attracts students from around the world.
Why Vancouver is a Great City for Students:
- A vibrant city surrounded by stunning natural beauty, including mountains, oceans, and beaches
- Vancouver is a safe city, consistently ranked as one of the world’s top three most livable cities
- A truly multicultural city
- Temperatures are mild year round
- Famous destinations like Whistler, Victoria and Squamish are easily accessible
- Culture is everywhere with museums, art galleries and other attractions that can be found all around the region
- Plenty of entertainment options, from concerts to professional sporting events
For any additional questions, call +1.604.984.4901 or e-mail us at email@example.com